Present: Quentin Harding, Dave Hargreaves, Martyn Roome, Rowena Browne, Steve McLean, Alex Finch, Gavin Smith, Julian Lailey, Karen Nash, Matthew Nash and Sarah Watkins.
Apologies: Chris Roberts
The 3 new members were welcomed to the Committee.
1. Club Objectives: very similar to last year- two main themes of consolidate on success of O Zone and provide a full programme for existing members. There was discussion about what else should be highlighted- Participation Project, finding new areas to map and training those who wish to be able to extend and remap, train more people to be Si competent.
2. Allocation of Roles:
Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary were
voted for at
Willing to stay in post were Fixtures (RB), Mapping (AF), Permissions (DH).
Junior Rep (MN), after some discussion Coaching (QH) and Volunteer Manager (JL), Publicity (SMcL). Nobody volunteered to take on Club Captain so SW remains in that role for the time being. Still vacant are Social Secretary and New member development (Tony Marlow may be interested). ACTION KN email out current job descriptions for checking and update.
4. Fixtures: see sheets
People liked QHs year at a view and it was agreed now updated this should go on the web ACTION CR/QH
There was discussion about how events may change from Jan and the implications of this. RB feels that 2008 is OK but fixtures for after Feb2009 need the sub group to meet as lots is still to be decided. DH hopes that Farleton will be OK in early March but is struggling to get permission.
AF email Low Park Wood map to Philip G and JL
Sub group meet for 2009+
MR/RB get L5D dates and day we are responsible for- hopefully at NWOA
Discussion on best action re Chorley Sprint O, general reluctance to commit until we know costs and get Meroc to agree it is Sunday and will be part of a weekend
ACTION MR ask OD about costs of theirs, AF get rough cost of Sprint O map for Chorley and those at NWOA to resolve the sat/sun/ weekend issue.
Duxbury – not heard
Wellington Wood- JL making progress
B Fell – updated ACTION BN email new Ocad to AF and check the Junior map
Farleton- not heard ACTION AF find out from Roy and Bill C
Warrior have suggested not only sharing some areas but that we map some new ones and M Bagness does it eg – Potter Tarn, Kendal area for schools, N of Crossthwaite, Rusland and more ACTION AF to follow these up and make a start with the most useful.
6. Junior Issues
* SROC junior Squad shirts – suggest that we publicise these with the new juniors and allow them to buy them after completing this series of training. ACTION MN find out what stock we have and if there are second hand ones to pass down.
* Explorer Badges – suggesting that new juniors can work towards these as they start attending events, SROC will fund ACTION MN get details of scheme
* Shoe bin – swap or donate, Nash family to hold the bin
* articles for newsletter and Junior pages ACTION MN to try to persuade others to write by asking in person and on rota. Suggested that this could include Junior web pages and Message board
* Junior training for Si- QH suggests start with Young Leaders, they are keen and can play an increasing role, perhaps start at White Coppice.
7. Publicity- Lords Lot event in local paper- shame now cancelled.
- JK and BOC accommodation. Seems expensive and limited or full. Suggest list some possibilities on web and try to meet for a meal ACTION SW ask locals re venue for meal on Sat night.
- Ceilidh 17 tickets sold, more available
9. Treasurer – no real change since
10. Secretary – nothing to report
11. Club Captain –
John O and Katrin H have set up O clubs at schools. Asked
if they may spend some of ₤800
Next Meeting 4 Dec at Roomes House.