SROC Committee Meeting 4.12.2006 Minutes
Present: Alex Finch, Rowena Browne, Peter Knott, Steve McLean, Dick
Collins, Quentin Harding, Martyn Roome, Katrin Harding, Dave Hargreaves, Karen
- Apologies: None
- most actions have been dealt with / in
- LSOA score champs Stanley Park
confirmed. Roy McGregor to plan and organize.
- Web- likely in near future to have 4 web
masters (Dave plus Jane C, Chris R and John D) they will each deal with
certain topics. We need to make sure nothing is missed. Action
KN to email agenda and minutes to them and try to note as actions on
others to send info to web from any business in meetings.
- Files on areas will slowly build up
add to as we do them. Much of this can be electronic with scanned images.
Objectives MR would
like this to be a regular item so we can review progress. ( see sheet
- newsletter with separate fixtures list
QH still feels a group email to all club on Thurs before an event would be
good. Action QH to investigate
- web masters now
- JK/BOC accommodation done
- Ideas from working group on publicity
- Organizers handbook started
- Si literate people growing
Roberts,Selby, Anthony, Rosen, Ockenden.
- Volunteer manager- helper list started
- Committee post job specs Action if not done, do it and
email to group to check before next meeting. KN to keep hard and electronic copy once finalized.
- Fixtures: aim tonight to make sure clear upto
end of 2007 summer.
- NY Day Roomes and S McLean
- Handicap B Cook, DC will give handicap
advice, key from DH to DC to check Action
QH aim to book either Victoria Inst or church hall in Caton and tell
- National Event DH concern over size of
entries mainly due to parking. Agreed best if no entry to car park filed
for single occupant vehicles, a fiver a car (except those with families
#2) with park and share based on old road near A580. Will need to
advertise this in advance and provide marquee for changing gear of those
sharing. Also a pick up point for those wanting a lift back out
- District on S Ground QH planner, J
Lailey Organiser. Action need
- Summer series- much debate about format
and areas and dates. It will clash with others eg Warrior but is aimed at
different people. Agreed 5 events
2 in Williamson Park, 2 on Beacon Fell and 1 SELOC. Trial newcomers
revisiting an area. Action RB, MR ?
and DH agree fine detail by email.
- Sat autumn series- RB asked re format
suggested Y, O and score may be best. It may clash with PFO but is aimed at
very local and new members/ potential members. Keep it simple but enough
manpower to help those needing it. Not sure whether LSOA will link in or
whether it will have folded by then. ( no normal colour coded series this
- TWT no report yet but we need to
decide what next. Action KN email Sue etc and thank and congratulate.
Also ask for very brief report namely on numbers, costs / profit, future
timing and areas, volunteers/ planners and organisers. Alex needs to know
- Controllers requests post Arnside.
Needs more than just a cane to check. Also we need more and newer Si boxes
Action MR check on special
offer on upgrades and funds from NWOA.
- Banner- judges have picked ideas from
several of the best designs. Action
SM getting info on all existing styles, prices etc. Prizes to be given
- Request for easy night O in local
park(s) over the winter. Not just for juniors but it may get people
interested in night O and help juniors prepare for PPalmer. Action SW/SM
- Money from NWOA will subsidise PP
- CSCup need a full team especially
older juniors if to be successful. KH suggested writing / email to say
they have been selected to run a particular course, hope this means more
will run. Perhaps we could provide free? Transport for those not going
with their family. KN asked about the likelihood of all relay entries
being subsidised as in the past Action
MR/DC to consider when new budget is done.
- LYGames will need lots of volunteers
again for selection races and big event. Many should be teachers after
Coaching course. Action SM let
us know dates asap.
- Chorley World Cup- next July to include
O Steve to let us know more when he can.
Captain we agreed our
first choice for CSCup is Sail Fell near Keswick.
Diner Agreed on Fri
16 March Action SW check out Huntleys for price and menu and see if D
Rosen would be speaker.
- Secretary- new membership is mostly in hand.
- The biggest unknown is still the Local
Groups / schools. The best way forward looks like them joining BSOA, with
us as a named / linked club. This gives those pupils the right to all
events except JK and BOC and the discount doesnt apply anyway. Action KN /SM to email and resolve
this and check if any money from BSOA comes to SROC or whether to receive
mail we should also ask them to be Friends of SROC.
- Also SW asked re changes in numbers this might result in Action KN to give her breakdown of
membership units asap. KN will also produce a new membership list in the
- Services to Schools Award should we
nominate Chris Sutcliffe Action KN
to find out what info they need, may also need to contact MO for facts.
- Club of the Year as we have now got
Club Mark should this be the year we go for it? Action SW/MR? to look into this.
Handbook- QH thanked
people for their help so far. He is trying to produce a reference book,
task list and eventually local area files too. Also to set standards of
what we aim to provide (see sheet) Action
All email QH with ideas, changes etc.
- AOB new date for meeting with Chorley
15 Jan at Tickled Trout Action
All email SM can we go or not.
NEXT MEETING 5 Feb